While many realize the devastating effects that anger–induced violence has on victims, few recognize the equally serious effects anger has on the one getting angry. Noticing the relationship between anger and heart problems, medical professionals have devised an assortment of tools to assess anger and quantify its effects on the body.
The goal of this bulletin, along with the included anger resolution material, is to help the reader identify evidences of unresolved anger and discover steps of resolution based on both medical research and the principles of God’s Word. Topics include:
- Multi–dimensional anger inventory
- Current medical literature showing effects of anger
- Physiology of the heart and nervous system
- How anger results in disease
- Tracing anger to root causes
- Turning anger into the power of love
- Repairing the damage caused by unresolved anger
The purpose of all Basic CARE Bulletins is to provide families with a wide base of information so they can fulfill their God-given responsibilities in making wise medical decisions. The Basic CARE Bulletin series is for informational purposes only and does not replace the counsel of a competent physician.